Executive Director- Mobius Science Center/Mobius Kids Children’s Museum
This posting will close on 10/18/13.
Are you looking for a challenge? How would you like to use your leadership skills to take an organization that has recently completed a multi-million dollar campaign to the next level? Mobius Science Center and Mobius Kids Children’s Museum are looking for a dynamic, passionate professional with vision and experience to help lead us to our next success. Be a part of where science and technology come to life.
This position requires a skilled and demonstrated leader. Significant portions of the position entail development and operational management.
Job Title: Mobius Executive Director
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Supervisor: Mobius Board of Directors
Salary Range: $80 to $100K range
Education: BA or appropriate professional experience
Management and Administration
- Provide leadership in developing and managing organizational and financial plans.
- Carry out plans and policies as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee maintenance of financial and donor databases to ensure both are current and accurate.
- Oversee fiscal responsibility for the annual operating budget.
- Provide financial oversight and report to the Board regularly.
- Oversee programming and volunteer outreach and management.
- Provide direction on operations and exhibits ensuring they are within budget and tied to Mobius business plan.
Development and Fundraising
- Oversee and assist in fundraising efforts including major gifts and other personal individual solicitations.
- Participate and support ongoing prospecting and donor cultivation programs.
- Ensures that a diverse development strategy of philanthropic, grants/contracts and Federal/State is adopted and implemented resulting in a diverse revenue stream for Mobius.
Board Relations and Communications
- Assist the Board in maintaining and promoting the mission and vision of the organization.
- Initiate and assist in recommending and setting priorities.
- Work with the Board to ensure effective and efficient committee structures.
- Communicate regularly with the Board Chair.
- Serve as liaison to Board committees.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new Board members and officers.
- Assist the Board Chair in planning the agenda and materials for Board meetings and planning retreats.
- Provide an Executive Director's report at Board meetings.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key elected officials, community leaders, donors and potential donors.
Public Relations and Communications
- Serve as primary spokesperson for Mobius in order to increase awareness for the center and its programs.
- Oversee all internal and external communications, including fundraising materials, newsletters, donor letters, event programs, brochures, flyers and press releases.
- Develop and administer Board approved personnel policies.
- Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of all staff.
- Encourage staff development and education.
Characteristics, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated management experience, including staff development, fundraising experience and working knowledge of non-profit organizations.
- Proven and demonstrated performance within an area of development:Evidence of clear administrative skills, leadership, ability to work with volunteers.
- Grant writing and or working knowledge and understanding in this area
- State and Federal funding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and committed to the mission and programs of Mobius.
- Ability to immediately establish relationships with leaders in the community, volunteers, board members, staff and donors.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
If interested please forward the following information to Marty Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Professional references